If you typically get anxious before an interview, consider the following:
• Avoid caffeine before your interview and get enough sleep.
• Wear comfortable clothing and make sure you budget enough time to get to the interview ten minutes early.
• Be well-versed on the company or business you are interviewing with.
• Interviews are a two-way street: you are trying to find out as much about an employer or potential job as they are about you. Have some questions prepared to see if this is somewhere you’d actually enjoy working.
• Take your time answering questions – be thoughtful and sincere in your responses.
• Whether you get the job or not, every interview is good practice.
Click to return to Interview Tips.