Tips for a Successful Interview
Interviews can be challenging, but they are ideal opportunities to show a potential employer why you’re the best fit for a job. Use your time wisely and follow these steps for a successful interview:
• Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
• Research the company before the interview and have questions prepared for the interviewer.
• Grab a friend and practice your interview. You should be able to clearly and directly explain who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, and what you’ve accomplished.
• Make eye contact. Offer a firm handshake at the beginning and end of the interview.
• Be honest – don’t misrepresent yourself or bash previous employers.
• Be bold – at the end of the interview ask the employer if you’ve got the job. Even if they can’t answer immediately, you’ll close on a strong note.
• Have fun – businesses want to hire people who are not only qualified but have personalities that will add to their environment. Be confident, energetic and easygoing.
• Send a thank you note to your interviewer.
Click to return to Interview Tips.