Connect Mohawk Valley offers a wide range of opportunities that are paid, unpaid, credit-bearing, or non-credit-bearing. This criteria varies by employer and each posting.
High School Internship
N.E.T. & Die, a growing business-to-business manufacturer located in Fulton, New York is looking for a CNC Machining Apprentice to work for their family owned custom machining company which has been in business for over 50 years. We supply low volume, custom machined parts for B2B and B2C in the power generation, heavy equipment, transportation, and a variety of other industries. We are a small business with the opportunity to gain a wide variety of experiences.
Reliability and a great attitude will make you a vital part of a team that provides quality products and exceptional customer service.
The following qualifications are necessary;
- have minimum six months machining experience
- high school diploma or equivalent (higher education certification or associate's degree preferred)
- problem solver, organized, detail oriented and dependable
- able to work first shift and overtime when needed
- live within commuting distance to Fulton, New York or be willing to relocate
- able to stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 30 pounds
- consider yourself to be honest and loyal (two of our core attributes)
What Is An NET & Die CNC Machining Apprenticeship?
An apprentice learns directly from his/her employer through on-the-job training while earning a salary. Hands-on training gives apprentices invaluable experience. Pair that with related technical instruction through our educational partners, including web based, community colleges and/or technical schools. All in class training is paid for by N.E.T. & Die. Total hours of training in the program is 8000 hours (approximately four years) of on the job and in class training. This combination gives apprentices all the skills they need to succeed and progress in their professional careers in machining. Prior on the job and in class training may be applied towards required hours for apprenticeship.
Our apprenticeship is a certified apprenticeship through the New York State Department of Labor and is partnered with MACNY (Manufacturers Association of Central New York) for administration.
The successful candidate will be able to perform duties and responsibilities as listed below;
- complete required classroom work per apprenticeship standards
- on the job training to includes hands on, mentored tasks including machine set ups, programming and machining parameters
- training will also include blueprint reading, quality inspection standards, shop math
- perform routine preventative maintenance duties
- responsible for learning, implementing and maintaining lean initiatives
As an apprentice you will learn:
- Principles of Manual Machining
- Principles of CNC Machining
- Computer Operations
- Assisting Set-Up Person in Adjustments
- CNC Language for Tool Offset Procedures
- CNC Controls
- Performing Basic CNC Machine Set-Up Procedures
- Writing Basic Programs
- Machine Repair and Maintenance
This listing has expired - you will not be able to apply for this position.